Tuesday 12 November 2013

A Conversation on the Phone


Autumn my eldest sister rang today on the phone. Mum talked to her and then asked me if I would like to talk to her. I said yes. It was great to talk to her. She said that Mum had told her how upset I was. How I'd spent at least half of the previous night in Mum's bed because I was feeling miserable.

She talked to me for quite a while. And that was good. She asked me if I wanted to talk about it, about losing the baby. I said yes. She asked me what I would miss most about not having this new little baby. I told her a couple of things and she said she understood. I told I found it hard to understand why God made such a thing come about. She said that sometimes, even though we don't understand, God has bigger plans in mind than we can possibly imagine. Bigger and more wonderful than anything we could ever hope for.
She said she thought I should spend some real quality time talking to Jesus. I agreed.
All of us girls Easter 2013. Minus the new baby who went to heaven who Mum thinks was a girl
She also said that I could borrow her teddy bear and cuddle it like I was hugging her. She said she wished she could hug me right there and then. She called me honey all through the phone call. I cried more than once while talking to her as it was hard to talk about the baby.


But she understood, she didn't get frustrated or anything like that. And then we talked a little bit about what she might get for my birthday. She couldn't believe that I was turning fifteen, truth be told, neither can I.
Sisters are one of the truest and most comforting people we can have in our lives. They will laugh or cry with us, and always understand. And to all my sisters, you are the best!

Us three eldest girls. l-r Me, Autumn and Eden. Easter 2013.
God Bless
 

2 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear about your baby sister. God has a reason for everything. I will keep praying for your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Benjamin. I know, it's just very hard to understand.

    God Bless,
    Vellvin.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, please do comment won't you.? :)
I enjoy reading every single one, though I might not reply to them very quickly, be assured that I read and enjoyed each one.
God Bless! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...