Tuesday 27 August 2013

My Favourite Saints: Part 2

Here is another blog post on my favourite saints.
Enjoy!


Bl. Mother Teresa of Calcutta.
Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta still needs another miracle before the Church can make her a Saint. But that's okay, it will happen! :) She died only in 1997 (a year before I was born!)

She founded the Missionaries of Charity, and I've gotta say, they are one of my favourite orders of nuns! She won the Nobel Prize in 1979 (she deserved it, too!) and she was beatified in 2003. Her four vows for her order are these: chastity, poverty, obedience, and Whole hearted and free service to the poorest of the poor.

She and her sisters worked in India doing many good works of faith. Did you know that whenever they received donations of shoes she would always pick the worst ones and because of this her feet were deformed? There have also been some negative comments about her, but I spent a while yesterday researching and I think that you should ignore it. Besides, any wrong she did do the good she did far outweighs it. :) Also if you are interested look it up on a Catholic website, because she was Catholic, or look it up on a Catholic website and then a non-Catholic website and compare. Or you could just ignore the negative comments, kay?

She is a great inspiration to me. She said many marvelous things in defense of the Pro-Life movement and was stoutly against abortion her entire life. As you can see, I've tried to fit as many pictures of her as I can here.

Doesn't Jesus look adorable? 
St. Anthony, now if you ask any Catholic who is the best at finding things, they'll say St. Anthony. I call him my best friend because whenever I have lost something or I'm looking for something, he helps me! :)
He is a Doctor of the Church, he once held the baby Jesus in his very arms (much to my jealousy) He was canonized less than a year after his death. He was a Franciscan brother, though he started out in the Augustinian Order. He joined the Franciscans in the hope of shedding his own blood for martyrdom after hearing about the five Franciscan protomartyrs. He is called the 'Hammer of the Heretics" for his great protection of the Catholic Faith, against all their lies and deceit. He was also a great teacher of the Faith to all peoples.
He died when he was only thirty-six years old, ten years after he joined the Franciscans. 336 years after his death, his body was found to be corrupted, but his tongue was totally incorrupt, so perfect were the teachings that had been formed upon it.
He is Patron Saint of: American Indians, pregnant women, shipwrecks, starvation, faith in the Blessed Sacrament, lost articles (one of the reasons he is so well known), barrenness, oppressed people, and poor people, plus a few more.




God Bless
 

4 comments:

  1. Awesome post!
    Mother Teresa is probably one of the first saints I learned about, so she's had a huge impact on my life, even back when I didn't know my faith very well.
    And St Anthony is one of my best friends too! He helps me find things pretty much everyday- I lose things a lot! And his life was also really inspiring. I didn't know he was the patron saint of so many things though- thanks for sharing that information. :)

    -thinkgreenlovepurple
    thinkgreenlovepurple.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Think Green! :D You are most welcome. :)

    God Bless,
    Vellvin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mother Teresa has such beautiful quotes - what a special person! And how cool is it that we actually have a friend in Heaven that helps us find things? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arda, she does indeed! :D Yeah, and St. Anthony is a great Saint to have as a friend.

    God Bless,
    Vellvin.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, please do comment won't you.? :)
I enjoy reading every single one, though I might not reply to them very quickly, be assured that I read and enjoyed each one.
God Bless! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...