Wednesday 23 February 2011

Betsy and Tacy!!!




The Betsy and Tacy books are a series of 10 well written by by Maud Hart Lovelace.
They are absolutely delightful adn fun to read.
The first book starts when Betsy and Tacy are 6 I'm pretty sure and the illestrations get better only once you get to "Heaven to Betsy" (delightful book by the way).
I grabbed this from the wikipedia: The Betsy-Tacy series is a collection of books written by Maud Hart Lovelace between 1940 and 1955. The books are written at progressively more difficult reading levels as the characters age. They follow the adventures of Betsy Ray and her friends and family from the time that Betsy turns five until she is in her early twenties. They take place in the very late 19th and early 20th centuries.

I've been reading
Heaven to Betsy, Betsy in Spite of Herself and Betsy was a Junior over the last 2 weeks or so.
I had read the other books before but I hadn't read Heaven to Betsy or any of the folowing titles.
Heaven to Betsy, Betsy in Spite of Herself and
Betsy was a Junior are all funny and good books to read. I L♥VE Jo Willard and Cab, and Tony and Herbet Hunphreys. (who wouldn't??????)
The only problem with Betsy and Tacy are that they are out of print books. *bangs fist on table really hard in anger* and so they are very hard to get!!
I want to have a cooetion when I have my own daughters whom I can share these wonderful books with.
And now that I've finished Betsy was a Junior I can read......... Betsy and Jo!!!
If you didn't geuss I have a crush on Jo Willard!!!




God Bless

1 comment:

  1. We have the first book but I've never gotten around to reading it...I'll have to give it a go one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, please do comment won't you.? :)
I enjoy reading every single one, though I might not reply to them very quickly, be assured that I read and enjoyed each one.
God Bless! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...